[PLUG] local source Cisco 678 or reasonable equivalent

Mark Martin mmartin at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 22 16:24:27 UTC 2004

Anyone know where I can find a Cisco 678 DSL modem/router locally for a
reasonable price?  Ebay seems to be the best non-local option.  I'm also open
to alternatives, especially since the 678 is beyond its end-of-life according
to Cisco.  What I need is a router that will perform transparent bridging on
a DMT line (apparently DMT issue 2 encoding).  I'm trying to make my system
visible on a DSL line from SpiritOne and Qwest so I can serve my web site and
mail and the Actiontec that I leased from Qwest won't do transparent
bridging.

Thanks.

Mark
Mark A. Martin, Ph.D.
Applied Mathematics -- Software Development -- Systems Administration
Currently available for employment.
See http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin/resume/ for details.