[PLUG] local source Cisco 678 or reasonable equivalent

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Jan 22 16:33:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Martin <mmartin at u.washington.edu> writes:

Mark> Anyone know where I can find a Cisco 678 DSL modem/router
Mark> locally for a reasonable price?  Ebay seems to be the best
Mark> non-local option.  I'm also open to alternatives, especially
Mark> since the 678 is beyond its end-of-life according to Cisco.
Mark> What I need is a router that will perform transparent bridging
Mark> on a DMT line (apparently DMT issue 2 encoding).  I'm trying to
Mark> make my system visible on a DSL line from SpiritOne and Qwest so
Mark> I can serve my web site and mail and the Actiontec that I leased
Mark> from Qwest won't do transparent bridging.

I just set up one of these yesterday (on SpiritOne and Qwest also) and
I saw some kind of port forwarding setting in the Actiontec setup.
That should do the trick for you.

seniorr at aracnet.com