[PLUG] OSS Contribution Examples Needed

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Fri Jan 23 11:54:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 14:42, Kris wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:08:58AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> > Russell,
> >
> >   Don't those cute acronyms just bug you?
>
> I think the acronyms, and application names are one part of the open
> source culture that I very much enjoy.
>
> One sub culture apsect that I think has occured is you can tell how
> much a person knows about linux/FOSS by how they pronounce certain
> applications.  Though not always true.
>
> Seems like it took me some effort to find a pronunciation for
> PostgreSQL.  Awful name.  Even worse daemon (who the hell decided on
> "postmaster"?!).

how about that editor "six" written in roman numerals :P
--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto