[PLUG] A poorly-performing hard drive

John Cadigan Cadigan_J at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:51:02 UTC 2004

Keeping in mind that not all drives are created equal, some other factors
must be considered. Mainly things like, how much cache or memory buffer
exists? A drive with 2 MB of cache memory, verses newer drives with 8 MB
will obviously perform differently...so you must compare apples w/ apples. I
am assuming you may have considered these things in comparing the two (WD?)
drives.  Not to get off subject, but Maxtor has some nice features of late..
speaking of speed and such. Also concider, IDE v.s. SCSI etc, (but I know
you must be doing this)?