[PLUG] configuring Postfix relay to reject messages for specific recipients

Don Buchholz buchholz at easystreet.com
Tue Jan 27 11:25:34 UTC 2004

Can anyone tell me how to configure a Postfix relay to reject messages for
specific recipients?

-------

We have 2 Postfix systems (outside of the firewalls, on different ISP's)
which
receive all e-mail for our company.  I.e.

     $ dig imoveinc.com mx
     ;; ANSWER SECTION:
     imoveinc.com.           14400   IN      MX      10 p5.imoveinc.com.
     imoveinc.com.           14400   IN      MX      20 p2.imoveinc.com.

As expected, these systems just talk to the external world and relay
communiques
to the internal "imoveinc.com" mail server (Lotus Notes/Domino R5).
Right now,
the Domino server is under a bit of a load.  And we would like to have
our external
relays just ditch any messages for non-existant recipients like:

      john at imoveinc.com
      bill at imoveinc.com
      mike at imoveinc.com

Thanks,