[PLUG] xfd: printing the displayed font table

jm jack at endofhistory.com
Tue Jan 27 19:02:01 UTC 2004

>   In the 2D drawing program I use for my book illustrations (tgif) I can
> enter Greek letters and mathematical symbols on the figures. To determine
> the keystrokes for a particular character I need to refer to the X font
> display (xfd) for the symbol font. This works like a charm.
>
>   What I would like to do is print that table when it's displayed. But, it
> opens in a window and I haven't figured out how to print that window. Would
> I use the GIMP to capture that window, then print that image? Or, is there a
> way of printing a designated window on the desktop?

Yes, you can grab a pic of the screen from newer GIMPs, or to be
(simple and) old-fashioned, you can make a screen capture from the
CL using the import command:

$ import -window root my_screen.jpeg

and then crop down/print the resultant picture.

--
NP: $HOME/music/Yo_La_Tengo_-_You_Can_Have_It_All.mp3