[PLUG] configuring Postfix relay to reject messages for specific recipients

Don Buchholz buchholz at easystreet.com
Wed Jan 28 09:12:01 UTC 2004

John Cadigan wrote:

 >  Pardon my ignorance, but can't you just remove the names from the
list...
 >  I do understand that you may want them there at a later time ...
 > Sooooo wishing you good fortune instead. Thanks, John.

Well, the names aren't in a list.  And the internal Domino R5 mail
server does
"fuzzy" name matching, and it can't be turned off.  Hence, when a bozo sends
mail to a common first name like "bob at imoveinc.com" or "mary at imoveinc.com"
the blasted thing doesn't just say "no such user" and bounce the message, it
does it's best to find someone with a first/last name which approximates
"bob"
or "mary".  So, the problem now is to figure out how to have the Postfix
relays
(which actually receive the incoming mail) pre-qualify the addressee(s).  I
think Steve Raymond gave me the answer (Postfix' local_recipient_maps
parameter),
and I hope to try it out soon.

- Don

P.S.  By the way ... I'm not sure "IncrediMail" is going to make the
"survival
of the fittest" cut in evolution.  All that HTML stuff makes it really
hard to do
a clean reply on mailling lists such as this one.  Any chance you can
configure
it to only send ASCII/text messages to "plug at lists.pdxlinux.org"?