[PLUG] please help with UNIX / Linux program at Clark College

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Wed Jan 28 14:15:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:54:39AM -0800, Smith, Mark wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I'm the UNIX / Linux program coordinator here at Clark College in
> Vancouver.  The program is hoping to serve students who would like to
> make their way into UNIX / Linux sys admin or technician jobs in our

Thank you for taking the time to use this list to help mold your
requirements. I think it would also be of benefit to take a look at the
requirements for LPI (Linux Professional Institute) certifications.  I
don't think a course track dedicated towards getting a student a cert
would be the best way to teach, but their outline may be of use.

On the other hand, LPI has spent much energy dipping into what coporations
are looking for in linux engineering.  If you goal was a trade based
education track, the LPI outline might server a greater purpose.

LPIC Program outline and task lists:
http://www.lpi.org/bs/lpic.html

--
I'm just a packet pusher.