[PLUG] Network Config question

Sean Whitney sean at fork.com
Thu Jan 29 10:41:02 UTC 2004

I would agree with this, in fact I think most of the "cable/dsl routers"
that are on the market have 4 ethernet ports.

So
                    /--[computer 1]
--[modem]--[router]<---[computer 2]
                    \--[computer 3]

I would only multihome through another linux box if you were making it
the firewall and were interested in learning about security/routing/etc.

Then
                                              /--[computer 2]
--[modem]--[Linux Firewall/computer 1]--[hub]<---[computer 1]

Sean

--
Sean Whitney <sean at fork.com>