[PLUG] IMAP confusion...

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Thu Jan 29 16:17:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 15:41, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> OK, running courier-imap and I'm a bit confused.
>
> Folks running MS Outlook clients don't actually delete their mail when
> they delete it.  Their client lists it as deleted and it is indicated with
> strike-through text, but it's still on the server.
>
> How does it purge?

The client has an "Empty Trash" or something similar that has to be run
to truly delete the files (same sort of thing with Evolution).  My
clients hate it, but since they refuse to change to a different mailer,
they are stuck with having to manually empty the garbage.  I have one
client that was using these emails that were "garbage" as his history
(talk about the wrong way to use a poorly written app).

Anyway, HTH.

Derek Loree