[PLUG] Controlling grub from Windows?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Jan 30 11:11:04 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Barry <barryb at proaxis.com> writes:

Bill> Here is the short question. Is there a way to edit grub.conf
Bill> from Windows?

Bill> Here is the longer background.  I have a dual boot machine that
Bill> is headless. [...]

Bill> Thanks for any suggestions.

Hmm.  Never tried the fat boot partition, but that might work.

The other thought that I had was about the "savedefault" and "default
saved" menu.lst options.  That is poking information about what was
booted last into some place accessible at the next boot.  If you could
"save" the alternate instead, then you could "toggle" into the right
OS by rebooting the right number of times.  Might have to hack GRUB to
get that behavior, as I haven't found it documented anywhere.

seniorr at aracnet.com