[PLUG] pine: setting up fcc by addressee?

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Jan 30 16:20:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Is there any way to set up pine so that messages addressed to specific
> users are routed to specific files in ~/mail/?
>
>   There are business-related messages that I keep and it would be handy
> to not have to manually replace 'sent-mail' for each one that goes to a
> projec/client file.

The FCC can be set per address in your address book.  It's trivial.
Create an address book entry for the address and put the mbox in which
you'd like outbound messages saved as the FCC.

Whenever you compose a message to that person, the default FCC is set to
the proper outbound folder.

Roles can mess this up a bit, though, as they take precedence at compose
time.  It's a bit of a tricky situation, but if you delete the fcc line
with a ^K and then scroll up to To: and then back down, it'll set the FCC
to the one associated with that To: line.  Sounds weird, but it works
great and takes no time.  Just delete whatever FCC is set, make sure the
To: is set properly, then the FCC gets updated.

Of course, you're not going to read this because ignorance is more
important to you than tolerance.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin