[PLUG] debian - mounting mac scsi hard drive ?

gilmanhunt at comcast.net gilmanhunt at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 08:22:01 UTC 2004

Hi.
I have a friend with a dead Powermac. She needs information from the hard drive (her dissertation, e.g.) I told her it would be a fairly simple process of removing the HD, connecting it via a scsi card to my Debian (stable) box, and then reading the data and writing it to a CD.

I'm on the right path, right? I bought a scsi card down at Freegeek, and a cable, and I think the mount command will look like

#mount -t hfs /dev/sda0 /macdrive

Thanks for any insight you can provide :)
Russ