[PLUG] FAT fs dissecting tools?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Jan 31 11:45:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Jantzen <chris at maybe.net> writes:

Russell> What tools are available under linux to do this sort of
Russell> thing?  Are any particularly better than others?

Chris> Try TASK: http://www.sleuthkit.org/sleuthkit/tools.php

Chris> I've never tried it myself, but it claims to be able to do
Chris> forensics on lots of stuff, but including FAT. Please let us
Chris> know how it goes.

Thanks!  I saw that too and it looks promising.

Interestingly, the biggest problem here is the "human factors" part...
getting my sister to just send me the card before she lets some random
"camera expert" touch it and possibly scramble things even worse.

seniorr at aracnet.com