[PLUG] More than one printer from Mozilla

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 1 11:50:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> This has become a problem since I re-built my home network and added a
> printer sharing box.  When I print from Mozilla I see only the Default
> System Printer (or some such -- I'm sitting are work right now.) I find
> nothing in the near-line documentation on adding more printers to Mozilla.

Rod,

  When I press ctrl-p in mozilla and select 'printer' as the destination, I
see a dialog box with a 'properties' widget to the right of the widget with
'PostScript/default' as the printer name. In the 'properties' dialog box I
can change the printer command string from the default (lpr -P laser5_ps) to
use the color printer (lpr -P color). Most of the time the default is what
we want.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>