[PLUG] Speaker needed for Thursday PLUG meeting

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Tue Jun 1 12:22:02 UTC 2004

Mark,

    This sounds great to me.  One of the problems we had
marketing the Netule EM-I (Email Server) was that we didn't
worry enough about MS Exchange.  It turned out that potential
customers wanted Exchange features that we hadn't thought to
be all that important, and they were very difficult to get.

    In any case, this discussion sounds great to me.
We will plan on it.  I will send out an announcement later
today.

                                             Dave Mandel
                                             (541) 730-5285 cell

P.S.  Let me know if you need anything like a projector.
Since this is an informal  discussion, I'm assuming you do
not need anything unless you tell me otherwise.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Mark Allyn wrote:

> Folks:
>
> If no one else pops up, I would like to initiate a discussion
> on open source replacements for the Microsoft Exchange infrastructure
> that many companies use as a shield against full embrace of linux
> in the corporate enterprise.
>
> I am working on a project to try to find the best solution for
> an 'Exchange/Outlook' type of infrastructure. I have come up with
> Opengroupware and Kolab. I think it might be nice to have a discussion
> on this topic.
>
> Mark Allyn

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel