[PLUG] A bit confused about 2.6 kernel and X drivers

Vincent Yau v_yau3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 16:06:01 UTC 2004

Hello:

Sorry if this appears to be a stupid question...

I put in Fedora rc2 on several boxes last week
and one of the boxes has an Nvidia Quattro card that
seems to run into that 4k stack problem.  So I cannot fire up X.

I got hold of an SuSE 9.1 demo CD over the weekend and
I just sticked it into the very same Quattro box today.  It is demo only but
it has a KDE environment and
X is firing up just fine.  It is running kernel 2.6.4.

So is the 4k stack problem appears only in post-2.6.4 kernel?
I think Fedora RC2 ships with 2.6.5.

--Vincent