[PLUG] cdrecord problem

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Wed Jun 2 21:17:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 09:49, Vincent Yau wrote:
> cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/sg*'. Cannot open
> SCSI driver.

I might be missing something here, but I'll take a stab at it.

Looks like the device file isn't there. If you're using devfs (or maybe
udev), that means your driver isn't loaded. Do you have all the right
modules loaded?

If you're just using regular device files, then run your MAKEDEV script
(if you have it) and make sure /dev/sg* appears. On my Debian system,
it's /dev/MAKEDEV, which is a symlink to /sbin/MAKEDEV.

Evan