[PLUG] CUPS and StarOffice

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Jun 4 15:18:02 UTC 2004

Is there some special thing I need to do to get StarOffice 6.0 to see (and
use) the printers configured with CUPS?  It only shows the default printer
we all know and love.  This is for a friend as when I got the printer
configured in CUPS on my home network they showed right up in
OpenOffice.org.  And this is an option -- upgrade/install OOo.  Currently
he is just exporting from StarOffice (in rtf) and printing from AbiWord.
Works, but it is a bit of a kludge.

Rod