[PLUG] Network Switches

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 5 17:57:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Dale wrote:

> Depends on the wireless switches - If they are just a switch, then it
> would not matter - but if the are providing NAT or DHCP (wireless
> router) then it does. Realistically though you really should put the
> wireless switch of a seperate leg of the firewall.

  Well, I have two NICs in the floppyfw box so I suppose I could put in a
third one. The WAP I have (sorry for the inaccuracy, Wil) is rather dumb:
four ethernet ports and one marked for the Internet. I'll connect the uplink
port from the new 8-port switch to one WiFi port and see how everything
works when I'm done re-wiring. Probably some time next week as this weekend
is fully committed.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>