[PLUG] Qpopper Question

jm jack at endofhistory.com
Sun Jun 6 10:43:02 UTC 2004

begin electrogrammati illius Rich Shepard
>   I just finished installing qpopper on my server/workstation. This was a
> recommeded replacement for the default pop3 server that wasn't providing
> mail to my fiancee's machines running (now) mozilla-mail.
>
>   Is there any test I can run from here to see if it's working? How about a
> diagnostic protocol if it's _not_ working?

Sure, you can test by telnetting to the pop server at its port
(default 110): issue the initial telnet command, as below, and when
it replies type in the "USER" and "PASS" and "LIST" commands like
in the below example; if working it will let you login and display
any msgs. on the server.

you at client$ telnet server 110
Trying 192.168.1.2...
Connected to pop3.foo.bar.