[PLUG] Mail access from laptop on the LAN

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 7 17:53:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:

> Why is bind less secure?

Tony,

  It's what I've read from folks much more informed than am I.

  Please remember that linux is about choices: most options are different
but not necessarily better or worse. I like emacs (and joe), you like vi. I
like pine, you like mutt. I like Slackware, you like Debian. So what? Do we
care? Not I. As long as it does the job, is easy to install, configure and
maintain the choice doesn't matter to me.

  I'm glad that folks are happy with bind, sendmail or whatever. I'm happy
with tinydns, postfix and the otherever. :-) If you want to discuss values
and beliefs I'm sure there are plenty of Usenet newsgroups available. And,
let's not forget talk radio on the AM band.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>