[PLUG] Mail access from laptop on the LAN

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Jun 8 13:39:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>   Thanks, Russell. That clarifies things for me. However, I also
Rich> rebuilt qpopper with the --enable-standalone switch during the
Rich> ./configure step.  According to the administrator's guide that
Rich> should have the daemon running all the time. I suspect that I
Rich> need to do something with the .config and .xinetd files, but I
Rich> have no clue what.

Well, if you are going to run qpopper in daemon mode, you want to turn
it off in the inetd.conf.

Why do you want to run it in daemon mode again?

seniorr at aracnet.com