[PLUG] Mail access from laptop on the LAN

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 8 14:05:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Russell Senior wrote:

> Well, if you are going to run qpopper in daemon mode, you want to turn
> it off in the inetd.conf.

  OK.

> Why do you want to run it in daemon mode again?

  Again, according to my understanding of the administrator's guide, that is
appropriate for access within the local network. There will be no one
accessing the service externally. OTOH, if it doesn't make any difference
then I don't care how it's running -- as long as I can get it working, that
is. :-)

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)