[PLUG] Linus is moving to Portland, OR

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 9 14:41:02 UTC 2004

>> Willamette Week claims that Linus has bought a house in Portland
>> and enrolled his kids in school here.

Michael> Wonder if he was swayed by the Finnish sauna place in
Michael> Astoria.

Which reminds me of some of my favorite verse:

  [...]

  But there was one a shy young man, and although he was Finnish
    The joys of winter had for him long started to diminish
  He was a Finn, the only Finn, who would not take a sauna
    "It isn't that I can't", he said, "I simply do not wauna."

  And so he stayed close by the stove for nine months of the year
    Because he was so sensitive to change of temperature
  His friends said, "Come on Torvalds, let's go out to Sunfish Lake.
    Why a Finn who don't take saunas, why there must be some mistake!"

  But Torvalds said, "There's no mistake, I know that I would freeze,
    in water colder than myself: 98.6 degrees.
  To jump into a frozen lake is not my fondest wish,
    For just because I am a Finn, don't mean that I'm a fish!"

  [...]

For the unmutated version, see, e.g.:

  <http://churra.bookcrossing.com/forum/5/310804>

seniorr at aracnet.com