[PLUG] Color Printing from OpenOffice.org-1.1.1

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 10 11:18:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Evan Heidtmann wrote:

> Have you checked your ink cartridges?

Evan,

  This printer does that automatically. A couple of weeks ago I replaced the
black, cyan and magenta cartridges because the black was expired and the
printer wouldn't work. Since the other two were coming up to their
expiration dates I replaced them early. Yellow is good until next year.
(This is the only thing I dislike about the H-P inkjet: consumables are very
expensive, about $120 for four ink cartridges and the same for the separate
print heads. Yuck!)

  The print heads (which are separate) don't expire, they just wear out.

  I should have mentioned in my original post that the colors are fine when
the image is printed from The GIMP. Haven't tried any other software.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>