[PLUG] New Laptop

Steve Beattie steve at wirex.net
Thu Jun 10 17:33:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 02:02:13PM -0700, Jason Van Cleve wrote:
> I wanted something I could game with, so I got a Dell 5100 (spent around
> $1100 on EBay for a brand new machine), but you may be more comfortable
> with a ThinkPad.

Unfortunately, try as I might, I could not get the year-old 5100 I was
using to suspend to RAM with the 2.6 kernel. My boss has a new IBM T41
(might be a T40), and suspend to RAM works just peachy, as it does on
the Toshiba M35-S359 I'm typing this on (more drawbacks to this machine,
I don't recommend it, but it was available when we laid off a salesdroid).

If you can afford it, the IBM route seems to be the way to go.

--
Steve Beattie                               Don't trust programmers?
<steve at wirex.net>                         Complete StackGuard distro at