[PLUG] Comcast Bouncing Outbound Mail

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 10 20:41:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Chris Jantzen wrote:

> I think the misunderstanding here is that I get the impression this person
> is just talking to a Comcast MTA and has nothing to do with your network
> services or running their own MTA. Mark seems to think the opposite.

  Yup.

  Unfortunately, I thought I had clearly expressed that she was trying to
send e-mail and it was bouncing back to her.

> If I understand correctly, then, no I don't know what you can do if their
> MTA is failing intermittently. She should complain vehemently.

  That's what I recommended. According to one URL I found, comcast denies
any responsibility: "Da Debil made me do it!". Sigh.

Thanks, Chris,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>