[PLUG] Comcast Bouncing Outbound Mail

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 11 06:31:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Keith wrote:

> >   I just learned that a Comcast subscriber in New Joisey cannot send e-mail
> > to me; well, one actually made it through. The bounces she receives say,
> > "Permanent failure: other address status".

>  I just read today that Comcast has implemented a no strict no spam
> or Trojan computer policy. Do you have a home account or a business account?
> If you have a home account you are not allowed to run any servers in
> accordance with your TOS. They monitor users for signs that they have open
> mail servers or are sending large amounts of mail through port 25.
>  Otherwise if there is no problem with Comcast then check your mail logs and
> also check to see if you are running spam assassin.

  Oh, my! Will someone please enlighten me how I mis-communicated so badly
that two respondents tell me it's _my_ comcast account that's the problem?

  My comprehension of the first paragraph above (the one I wrote to start
the original post) is that I am the intended recipient and it is the sender
who has the comcast account. If I can understand how this was
mis-communicated then I can be more careful in the future to write more
clearly.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)