[PLUG] Firefox and WordPerfect: Separate but Equal Topics

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 11 06:54:02 UTC 2004

  I've replaced mozilla-1.6 with firefox-0.9 and I do like the latter
better. It is taking me a while to adjust to the reversed placement of "OK"
and "Cancel" buttons on dialog boxes, but change is good, right? Keeps the
user on his toes.

  Anyway, firefox does not include the ability to shut down the application
by pressing ctrl-q. I can use alt-f/q, but not the familiar ctrl-q. I wanted
to ask the developers to add that hotkey to the menu, but a long search of
the mozilla Web site revealed no place to provide feedback on firefox! Yes,
there is access to bugzilla, but I do not consider the lack of a feature a
bug. Does anyone know how I might be able to communicate with the folks
responsible for firefox to express my desire for the ability to use ctrl-q
to quit the application?

break;

  Many of us have many documents written in WordPefect before it no longer
ran on linux. Sometimes we actually need to read, process or print those
documents using OO.o's Writer or AbiWord.

  Help is available! Someone(s) have written translation filters
(incorporated into OO.o and AW as well as stand-alone). They are available
from the project's corner of Source Forge:
                 <http://libwpd.sourceforge.net/index.html>

And, there are rpms for Red Hat 7.x available, too. :-)

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>