[PLUG] Looking for RH 7.3 RPM for POP3 server

B. Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Jun 11 06:55:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Michael H. Collins wrote:

> Why do people keep asking about redhat 7.3 stuff?  That is so ancient!

Because I'm using an ancient machine. Rather than throw it out because it
can't push the newest Windows stuff anymore, I thought it was pretty cool
that I could get years more life out of it as a Linux-based server.

Also, I've found that the latest versions of RedHat are optimized for the
latest versions of hardware, and if I try to load, say, RH 9 on a
mid-nineties pentium I, and don't know a whole lot yet about Linux, I seem
to have problems.

Maybe someday I'll learn enough here to build a customized Linux system
with the latest packages for any machine I have, but in the meantime, I
just have to work with what I know.