[PLUG] Looking for RH 7.3 RPM for POP3 server

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Jun 11 09:40:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 06:40, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Michael H. Collins wrote:
>
> > Why do people keep asking about redhat 7.3 stuff?  That is so ancient!
>
>   I'm still running it on two workstations because it just works. And, it
> supports almost all the applications I use; the few it does not are used
> only infrequently.
>
>   Why is "so ancient" bad if the system is secured?

I would make sure that you are keeping up on the updated software and
backpatching.  7.3 is no longer officially supported and there are a lot
of holes in the legacy code.  (Especially in the kernel.)

I would also check for patches to uw-imap.  It has never been that
secure.

--
Alan <alan at clueserver.org>