[PLUG] Comcast Bouncing Outbound Mail

Mel Andres mel97215 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 10:03:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 11:41, Chris Jantzen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 06:56:12AM -0700, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> > 3. The Comcast mail server used by your correspondent doesn't like to
> >    deliver directly to 216.99.x.x; maybe that's been identified as a
> >    dialup line or something like that.
>
> I don't think anyone cares to check DUL's when they DELIVER mail, just
> when the ACCEPT mail. At least, yet. :-)
>
> > 1. The Comcast admins in Joisey have screwed up their local network.
>
> I still vote for this.

I think I can confirm this. I just came back from N.J. While there, I
replied to an email that came to my Comcast account, and the reply was
rejected. I routinely reply to the sender when home with no problems. I
was a bit surprised by the rejection, but simply set the reply from my
work email account.

Mel
--
                    	<<<   Registered Linux user #347871    >>>