[PLUG] debian discs won't mount

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Jun 13 11:24:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 gilmanhunt at comcast.net wrote:
> Yes, in any case it fails on this line:
> + /usr/sbin/modules-config apache-ssl internal

> the which I cannot say, because I don't know what modules-config
> apache-ssl _internal_ does/ requires such that it dies.
>
> Thank you for asking. I'm not currently using apache on that box- I plan
> to "soon" but I have other testbeds for development I'm using. :)
>
> The box is primarily used for ssh and backups, so apache isn't
> /required/. Although it'd be nice not to use my personal site for
> development, I'm doin ok. :)

Then just remove it and reinstall it.  If it ain't configured, you won't
lose anything.

If you're worried about losing dependent packages by removing the apache
package, install apache-perl first (which I use instead of the vanilla
apache module and the separate mod_perl package), that way the apache
depdencies will be met and you can remove the packages giving you trouble.

If you're worried about losing the apache configuration, just backup
/etc/apache* to someplace else.

It's a kludge, but it's the easiest way I can see to do it without digging
in with my own hands or giving extremely detailed directions.

(I guess that's probably the motivation behind the retry/reboot/reinstall
method of MS Winders support -- except for the fact that many things
simply cannot be resolved without at least rebooting.)

Anyway, I would try dumping those packages and then installing them.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net