[PLUG] Zombie in my Linux box?

GLL guy1656 at ados.com
Thu Jun 17 07:14:02 UTC 2004

.... No, how about this: You can only install it on July 14th.

- GLL

On Thursday 17 June 2004 00:05, Russell Senior wrote:
: >>>>> "Jeme" == Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> writes:
:
: Jeme> Well, sure, but bastille-linux primarily secures a system from
: Jeme> remote attack and the original Bastille was secured against
: Jeme> escape, not intrusion from outside.
:
: Jeme> Just as the Bastille could be (and was) hacked by storming
: Jeme> peasants from outside, bastille-linux can be compromised by,
: Jeme> say, simple physical access.
:
: I recall making a remark about the naming of this product along
: remotely similar lines when Zot (I think) once announced a speaker.
: The remark was (fumbling through the archive):
:
:    Subject: Re: [PLUG] Plug Advanced Topic Second Announcement
:    From: Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com>
:    Date: 14 Nov 2000 22:21:41 -0800
:    Message-ID: <86vgtpvjpm.fsf at coulee.tdb.com>
:
:    >>>>> "Zot" == Zot O'Connor <zot at zotconsulting.com> writes:
:
:    Zot>   The Bastille Hardening System attempts to "harden" or "tighten"
:    Zot> the Linux operating system. [...]
:
:    Zot> Now Jay will be coming off the heels of his Slashdot interview,
:    Zot> so please read it first, then think up the really hard questions.
:
:    Well, how about this... considering that the Bastille was reduced to
:    rubble 200 years ago and a hundred thousand frenchmen and tourists
:    blast through it every day, are you sure that is really such a good
:    name for your product?  :-)