[PLUG] Setting up a postfix authenticated relay

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sat Jun 19 13:23:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Brian Beattie wrote:
> I have a mail server running debian sarge/postfix+tls+sasl.  I would
> like to be able to set it up so I can use it as a relay from my laptop
> while I am out and about.  So I don't set up a spam relay, I want to use
> tls+sasl (whatever the correct combination is) to encrypt and
> authenticate the transfer/relay.
>
> Can anybody give me pointers/clues/advice?

I hope you're savvy enough to figure out how to strip the mysql parts out
of this how-to:

It's pretty straightforward, just modify the user tables portion of the
smtp-auth configuration.

If you want, I can strip out the relevant bits of the how-to (modified for
no database connection) and repost them here.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net