[PLUG] Portables with built-in eth0

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 21 14:06:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Mark Morgan wrote:

> Just some thoughts:
> iwconfig is helpful for the wireless side of things

  Thanks, Mark. I should have mentioned earlier in this thread that I
periodically try that. It looks OK but I still cannot reach the network.

> DHCP can be set to hand out a static address to certain MAC addresses.
> It's how my laptop is set to deal depending if I'm at a friend's house or
> my own. That way the routing and DNS just happen.

  Well, everyone's twisting my arm into setting up dhcpd/dhcpcd. I suppose I
need to read a recent HOWTO (don't know if the mini-HOWTO I have is
sufficiently good) and make a plan.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>