[PLUG] Re: Free Tablet Computers To Good (or Bad) Homes

Andy Davidson pheon at hevanet.com
Fri Jun 25 12:22:02 UTC 2004

I am about to give up on these tablets.  They are being much more
difficult than I have time for currently.

I got a power supply and both of the units came up OK and the
batteries recharged fine.  I got new AAAA batteries and both pens
work.

But I cannot get either unit to recognize a CF/ATA card as an ATA
disk.  They sit at the "Autodetecting ATA disk" for a number of
seconds and then say no disk found.

And I have only been able to make a couple of CF cards into Linux
disks.  My Mandrake laptop goes into a continuous error message and
won't let me access the card.  I finally got one to work on my old,
old NEC laptop running Slackware.  But two of the CF cards I have give
no errors when I partition them using cfdisk and then do 'mkef2fs
/dev/hdc1', but they still are seen as vfat disks in 'df -T' and ls
complains that there is no .. directory and lost+found shows as
lost+fou.nd.  [No great loss, they still work fine in my camera.]  The
other card formats OK, shows as a Linux disk, but is not recognized by
the tablet.

Any spare clues out there or should I just give up?

andy

Andy Davidson	pheon at hevanet.com
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.