[PLUG] Resetting hostname and IP address

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 25 13:45:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Galen Seitz wrote:

> Everything you posted looks good to me.

Galen,

  Is there a full moon today?

> I agree with the others.  I think you need to find out how to reset the
> unit to the factory defaults.

  Hokay, here's the poop. According to the fold up page that came with the
unit, the host attempting to connect to the WAP should have an IP address of
"192.168.1.xxx where xxx is greater than 100". (Checked for typos: OK) If
that does not permit access to the router's admin page, then the reset
button must be held down for at least 35 seconds (!) to restore factory
defaults. So, ...

  I held down the reset button for 35 seconds. Then I rebooted the laptop,
gave it a second IP address of 192.168.1.150 (Typo checks ... OK) and tried
to access the admin page using mozilla. Message box pops up, "Connection
refused when trying to access 192.168.1.1".

  At which point I realize that I'm drowning in everything being properly
set up but it just ain't workin'. Sigh. I'll try calling tech support again.
Then I _must_ get back to my day job.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)