[PLUG] Re: Free Tablet Computers To Good (or Bad) Homes

Andy Davidson pheon at hevanet.com
Fri Jun 25 17:33:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:46:40PM -0700, Galen Seitz wrote:

> I would appreciate it if you would post the brand names.  I'm working on
> a project where the filesystem will be in CF.  I'd like to avoid this
> problem by purchasing a known-to-work brand.

Good idea.  It would be nice if there were a place to keep this info.
[Maybe there is and I just haven't found it.]

The one I could format as an ext2 system was a 32MB from "Simple
Technology".  The one I absolutely could not format as ext2 was a "POI
FlashCard" which is what they sell at Fry's; it remained a vfat. The
third is a 128MB SanDisk, which worked once, then didn't; it failed
whenever I saw a message in the log that said "hdc: hdc: lost
interrupt", so I may have a flaky unit there.

andy

Andy Davidson	pheon at hevanet.com
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.