[PLUG] Mad SCO Disease

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Jun 28 11:25:04 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 09:15:06PM -0700, Robert Kopp wrote:
> You should probably read the current issue of "Wired,"
> unless you're sick of seeing Derl McBride's face, as
> you probably are by now. Apparently he always carries
> a gun, so this should be borne in mind.

Bah.  If >I< went around telling everybody I was carrying, I'd get
arrested for brandishing and making threats.  That boy's got better
Teflon than Reagan.

> He opposes open source because there's supposed to be
> a "market" of a certain size for software, and free
> software reduces the size of this market.

So does he want habitat protection for the proprietary software
industry, or does he just long for the good ol' days of the Soviet
Union?

A "Google rent-seeking" B