[PLUG] Mad SCO Disease

Michael Robinson plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Tue Jun 29 04:13:02 UTC 2004

Aaron Burt wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 09:27:42PM -0700, Michael Robinson wrote:
>

>>Jeme A Brelin wrote:
>>

>>>Cross-posted to plug-talk.  Follow-up will be there.

>>>[fascist!]
>>>If you want argue this sanely and without specious analogy, let's take it
>>>to plug-talk.
>>>

>>Funny, noone has complained about this posting which has absolutely no
>>relevancy to Linux administration or more generally, Unix issues.
>>

>That would be because (a) Jeme acknowledged that it was offtopic and
>needed to go offlist, (b) both parties have some slack 'cos they are
>generally helpful (or at least entertaining) and (c) neither party is
>known for whiiining about the Topic Police.
>
>BTW, Michael, this list is merely an adjunct to a social group that
>meets in person.  That last thing you "said" to me, would you say it to
>my face?
>
>It's all fun and games 'til...
>  Aaron

Say what to your face?  Seems whatever Brelin says, it isn't taken
seriously
even if it's extremely rude.  I doubt anyone would say, "It's all fun
and games
'till...," to him.  So, why say that in all fairness to anyone else?

As far as topic police, I suspect you're in this category after electing
yourself.
You're favoring one person's off topic posts over mine and attempting as far
as I can tell, to humiliate me.  At least I was only attempting to put
the opposite
point of view up and not starting an off topic thread.  And looking at other
way off threads, I'm clearly not as good as some other people are at
spinning a
yarn.

I see no value in trying to go to any more of these meetings if you're
looking to
pick a fight.  Frankly, it's amazing that you feel threatened by posts
to a public
email list which contain no threats.  Name calling perhaps, but no threats.
I was once told by a Linux instructor at PCC that this is a very whiny list.
I know some people have steered away from it because of this.  Jeme has
a bad reputation, but I don't see angry threads directed at him.  Clearly,
I'm being treated differently.  The name calling was a play on the thread
and shouldn't have been taken as aggressive, though I was tired of being
picked at by elitist, "his OT post is better than yours," snobs.

Maybe if there were more people who think the way I do posting,
the tone of the list would change.  The biggest problem with Portland
is a bias that's almost opposite the entire rest of the state.
Unfortunately, the big cities have so much voting power.  I really wish
Portland, Eugene, and Salem would become their own state(s).  I don't
want to be in a state that includes them, these cities are so contrary
to what I believe and who I am.  This list proves that at least for
Portland.