[PLUG] OT - Mad SCO Disease

GLL guy1656 at ados.com
Tue Jun 29 07:27:02 UTC 2004

: Bah.  If >I< went around telling everybody I was carrying, I'd get
: arrested for brandishing and making threats.

I know it's OT - but this is FALSE!

Telling anyone and/or everyone that you are armed is NOT threatening!
(It is only disturbing to hoplophobes.) It is also -NOT- illegal and you would
-NOT- be arrested unless you are carrying in a place or a manner which is
proscribed by some -other- law. This would be like equating that 'you know
how to use PGP' to mean 'I abet terrorists and criminals regularly.' (trying
to stay close to topic...)

'Brandishing' means 'to shake or wave a weapon menacingly,' which is a clearly
different act than merely carrying, even carrying open in a clearly
conspicuous holster.