[PLUG] Customer Service from Hell

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Jun 30 14:36:02 UTC 2004

Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Only a few seconds later I get a MAILER-DAEMON bounce message in my inbox:
>from the mail server at cisco.com: "550 We ain't got no user named
>'customerservice'". Nice, eh?

Frustrating? Yes.

Unfortunately, many companies have done away with the user
"customerservice" and "support" because those get spammed
horrendously... I was reading an article in eWeek today that said that
spam has increased to 65% of the email on the net.

Why wasn't it the return address? Because data miners will see the
return address, and start spamming the return address.

Somewhere, either coming from the mouth of one of the people you spoke
with, or embedded in the form, should have been instructions on where to
send the form back.

Russ