[PLUG] RE: BEFW11S4 WiFi Routers

Keith Morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Wed Jun 30 16:13:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Wil Cooley wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 11:10, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> >   Any suggestions for alternative brands?
>
> I've had great luck with my
> Lucent/Orinoco/who-the-hell-ever-they-are-this-week RG-1000, although I
> don't know if they're still made and if so, they might be more expensive
> than a LinkSys.

Lucent/Orinoco/who-the-hell-ever-they-are-this-week finally got bought by
Proxim and AFAIK all that era of wireless devices are phased out.  The
last time I reviewed Proxim's web site I found no follow-on products that
would replace the RG-1000.  From what I've seen though many of the
"wireless routers" on the market are functionally equivalent.