[PLUG] Customer Service from Hell

Karol Kulaga root at loraksus.org
Wed Jun 30 21:51:25 UTC 2004

Everyone whines about spam, I get like 4, maybe 5 a week and a couple from
Prince Mugkrubo. I haven't set up a filter because I haven't seen the need
to. I've had this domain and email for about a year.

The main thing I do is to create a special email for each company I give my
email address to - i.e. netflix at loraksus.org or visa at loraksus.org, as soon
as one of these asshole companies sell my email, I kill the addy and bitch
and moan incessantly to the company (I'm unemployed, it's fun screwing up
the AHT of phone monkeys while eating fudge striped cookies).
"Don't sign up for stupid shit" is also a great way of not getting spam.

/Of course, now somebody is going to post this email on the web and I will
get 1000s of spams a day. . .

On a side note, dlink support is about as useless as linksys but the kicker
is that they are 24-7 and extremely fun to call when you are just about to
pass out from consumption of massive amounts of alcohol. Vonage support is
bloody useless, but I've ranted about that before and there isn't a need to
repeat my angst. I've actually spoken to a couple people at dlink who
weren't brain dead, but my experiences with linksys have always been with
someone who would find it intellectually challenging working at burger king.