[PLUG] E-mail attachments not seen by recipient

Jack Morgan jack at bonyari.com
Mon Mar 1 19:50:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:58:48PM -0800, D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:
> Rich,
>
> Newer versions of Outlook absoulutly restrict attachments.  See the following
> links:
>
>   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318515
>
>   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829982

This is not completely true. Outlook only restricts "dangerous"
attachments such as .exe, .vbs, etc. This is Microsoft's effort to prevent
users from shooting themselves in the foot by launching viruses or other
malicious programs.

All Microsoft based file types and any "normal" business application file
type works fine in Outlook.

As to your problem, I'd try sending that pdf file to yourself, or to
another email account you have that is outside your network (I assume
your sending from work) If you can receive it fine, you can assume its
something on her end. You might even have her try Outlook Express or some
other email client besides Outlook. I use Outlook at work and have never
had a problem with pdf files.

--
Jack Morgan
pub  1024D/620F545F 2002-06-18 Jack Morgan <jack at bonyari.com>