[PLUG] E-mail attachments not seen by recipient

Chaz Sliger chaz at bctonline.com
Mon Mar 1 22:43:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

> To those of you who work in a mixed-OS environment:
>
>   Is there something a user must do to her installation of Outrage
that
> would make attachments I send visible? Over the past couple of days
I've
> sent three pdf attachments to a colleague and she tells me that
nothing was
> there. I strongly suspect a configuration problem, but I have no
idea what
> it might be or how to guide her to a solution.

Recent MS updates have been making changes to a working installation
of
Outlook.  The two worst are changing the SMTP authorization settings
(turn
them off) and cranking up the security (or what passes as security)
settings.

Have her start Outlook, Select Tools, Select the Security TAB and then
look for something about attachments.  I get to deal with this almost
daily but since I don't have Outlook on any systems at home I can't
remember the exacting item in the Security Settings TAB.  (Only
because
I've taken users through this so much -- and it ain't my job even --
can I
remember how to get this far.)
Rod

I'm looking at MS/Outlook right now and I can't see any Security TAB
under Tools (or anywhere else for that matter).
MS/Outlook 97 8.02.4212
Running on Windoze-98
-chaz