[PLUG] 802.11b PCMCIA for a Redhat 6.2 laptop?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Mar 2 14:35:03 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Galen" == Galen Seitz <galens at seitzassoc.com> writes:

Galen> I'd like to get a wireless card for an old laptop I have that
Galen> has redhat 6.2 installed (2.2.14 kernel).  I've looked at the
Galen> personal telco list of Prism2 cards, but I wonder if any of
Galen> them are available at this point.  I'd like to get a card that
Galen> doesn't require binary drivers, both from a philosophical and a
Galen> practical point of view.  I'm afraid that I might run into
Galen> issues with a binary driver on such an old system.  A bonus
Galen> would be a card that can be purchased locally.  Suggestions?

There is a 200 mW card for ~$80 I've had my eye on.

  <http://www.netgate.com/EL2511.html>
  <http://www.netgate.com/NL2511.html>

(the latter needs an antenna, e.g. the 2.0 dBi clip on)

You probably want to use the HostAP drivers.

seniorr at aracnet.com