[PLUG] Quickbook to GNUcash

ed ed at alcpress.com
Tue Mar 2 17:11:02 UTC 2004

I just spent an hour investigating what it would take to
convert from QuickBooks Pro Version 5 to GNUcash. It seems
that QB Pro saves its data to a QBW file and GNUcash cannot
read that file. I can have QB Pro make a backup but this
produces a QBB file and GNUcash can't read it. I can create
an accountants copy (a QBX) but GNUcash can't read this.

GNUcash can read a QIF file but I can't find a way to get QB Pro
to produce such a file. So a migration doesn't seem possible
without hand entering all the data. If I'm wrong about this,
please let me know.

Is it possible to convert from any of QBW, QBB, and QBX to QIF
using a newer version of QuickBooks?

Ed